Create an account  

Mod tools on GOG version?

I bought the GOG version, played it and now I'm ready to mod. Apparently there is no world editor in the GOG version. Additionally, all of the sector and ship files are compressed and cannot be edited with a text editor.

Furthermore, the material editor, with did come with the GOG version, is unable to load the compressed ship files, so I cannot use it to obtain uncompressed versions.

Would someone provide plaintext copies of the ship and sector files, and/or the world editor program, for version 1.9001?

Please and thank you.

Also bought this on GOG. ( SoA & Titans DLCs also )

That explains why the .sal files are not readable with Notepad++.Angry

Am I missing a way to uncompress the .sal files or is this another case of "you must buy the Steam version"?

(11-29-2015, 04:04 PM)assemblerhead Wrote: Also bought this on GOG. ( SoA & Titans DLCs also )

That explains why the .sal files are not readable with Notepad++.Angry

Am I missing a way to uncompress the .sal files or is this another case of "you must buy the Steam version"?

There are .zip files in the Starpoint Gemini 2\Spg2 folder called ScriptsUncompressed.zip and ScriptsFolderUncompressed.zip which contain the plaintext .sal files. The LGM rep on GOG forums told me there are also supposed to be .zips for the other files, but they didn't make it into the GOG release for some reason.

Thanks for the info.

Will check for them.
Scripting environments are "learn by example".
No examples == No scripts.