Create an account  

Can't edit .shp files to edit inciter

1) I have downloaded all the suggested plugins and languages, and such but all the files still make no sense, and are almost completely unreadable.
2) I have tried using the converter included with the game files, but alas this was also to no avail.
3) No steam guides, or any other guides for that matter, where helpful in trying to pinpoint the issue or in informing me on how to add a hangar and cloak to a ship.
4) If this had already been posted and/or answered I am very sorry but the searches i did came up with nothing helpful.
5) If anybody could help/ knows somewhere where this information is thank you in advance.
Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim.
Let the strength of your will match the stone of your walls.
Sometimes the good must perish so that the rest survive.
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Starpoint Gemini 2\Spg2, there you will see backupships.zip (and other zips) file. Extract the content of backupships.zip to somewhere, like desktop or something. Inside the extracted folder you can find all xxx.shp files, you can edit those as you like. And if you are into modding, i suggest you download Notepad++, this makes editing files easier. Smile

1) Well now I feel silly for missing those.
2) Thanks
Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim.
Let the strength of your will match the stone of your walls.
Sometimes the good must perish so that the rest survive.
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.