Create an account  

Easter Egg Ships / Special Ships

If I could get my hands on my trusty Normandy carrier, I would be a happy captain (the Normandy from SPG1 that is, not the one from EA's well known cash-cow).

I like the idea of a bigger ship than the dreadnoughts at the moment. Leviathan/Titan class ships, however to get one there must be something special required to be performed before getting one. Boarding/capturing is out of the question, considering those ships will have huge number of troops Smile , that is if you manage to stay alive while your troops try to board one.
I consider such ship to be one of the ultimate prizes in the game. Giving you both sense of accomplishment as well as SPGasm for having won one.
We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking, that created them
[Image: 76561198048478101.png]

(10-06-2014, 04:26 PM)Dragon Wrote: If I could get my hands on my trusty Normandy carrier, I would be a happy captain (the Normandy from SPG1 that is, not the one from EA's well known cash-cow).

You know that's a good point, why isn't the Normandy in SPG2? That was one of the best ships available in SPG1 especially if you didn't have the arena DLC.

(10-10-2014, 01:57 AM)Talien Wrote: You know that's a good point, why isn't the Normandy in SPG2? That was one of the best ships available in SPG1 especially if you didn't have the arena DLC.

The Normandy was also the only ship that could take level 5 weapons, shields and equipment all-round, it was also the only "carrier" in SPG1 with it's particular ship ability. Well, it was a Gemini League ship after all, and the League is not what they once was anymore.

I must say, I do miss the arena now that you mention it, it was a fun and profitable distraction...

(09-13-2013, 09:09 PM)nickr2 Wrote: Not sure what you guys think, But IMO it would be cool if there were ships that you could only get from doing something special, getting really lucky, or doing a really hard mission.

Maybe an upgraded version of a ship. Or even just a special ship that isn't necessarily good, it just looks really cool or can fit a special type of weapon that you would also have to find.

I"d be down for this something maybe a little off the wall but not game breaking.

I'm thinking more visual uniqueness than anything else but it would also be nice to have a few really unique more powerful ships that are well hidden that you have to work hard to find and then get.

but with easter eggs kinda have to be careful tho... if you want to reference something that's copyrighted you can't duplicate it straight out otherwise you can get pegged with lawsuits.

AN idea for a special ship i think would be humorous would be something in the destroyer - battleship range, would have its primary bank to the rear and a little to the sides and less in front.. a high straight speed, good shields, but crappy armor and real crappy turning. (like a .25 on the turn)

Easter eggs can be fun. I once made a easter egg ships for my FS2 campaign.

Avert your eyes:
[Image: gigantic.jpg]

lol loved taking down the sathanas