Create an account  

Problem trying to run SPG2ModManage.exe

I’m trying to install a mod but having a problem. I’m trying to install the Double Cargo Mod located in the Steam Workshop. In the description the instructions say that the Subscribe service doesn’t work for Starpoint Gemini 2 and gives other instruction on how to install the mod but here is what happens.

• With Steam open and signed in to my account I right click on SPG2 in my game list and select properties.

• Then I click on the Local Files tab and then select Browse Local Files.

• I find the exe called SPG2ModManage.exe and try to open it.

This is when I get the following error message:

----------

Steam Client is not running so browsing and publishing mods will not work.

Please login to steam client and restart this program if you want to browse and publish mods.

----------

Obliviously I’m logged in to my steam client. Anyone have any ideas of how to get this to work?

Attached Files
.txt   Log.txt (Size: 8.8 KB / Downloads: 1)

Are you really running the client and not just the Steam page online?
Watercooled i7 2600K@4.5 GHz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 - Asus P8Z77-V - 16Gb 1600 MHz RAM - Philips BDM4065UC [3840x2160] - SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD - Win7 64bit PRO

I start Steam with steam.exe on my computer. I saw a post from a developer on the Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam Forum that said he thinks he knows what the problem is, many people are having the same problem, and will fix it soon when he gets to the office.

Please try deploying the mod now. We've done some corrections to the system yesterday and it should work now. Our scripter apologises since he claims it was his own mistake. If the problem persists, please let us know Smile

Thanks. I must say that I’m really impressed with the level of customer service and technical support provided to the users of Starpoint Gemini 2 Beta.

I’m trying to install a mod but having a problem. I’m trying to install the Double Cargo Mod located in the Steam Workshop. In the description the instructions say that the Subscribe service doesn’t work for Starpoint Gemini 2 and gives other instruction on how to install the mod but here is what happens.

• With Steam open and signed in to my account I right click on SPG2 in my game list and select properties.

(03-28-2017, 06:14 AM)asusmobileservice Wrote: I’m trying to install a mod but having a problem. I’m trying to install the Double Cargo Mod located in the Steam Workshop. In the description the instructions say that the Subscribe service doesn’t work for Starpoint Gemini 2 and gives other instruction on how to install the mod but here is what happens.

Hi,

The ModManager creates it's own log called SPG2MM.log .Please send that to customersupport@starpointgemini.com together with a description of the issue, or a link to this thread. Oh, and please emphasize that this is regarding SG2 and not SG Warlords, just so the guys don't get confused Wink.

Thank you!