Create an account  

best capping ship

(10-11-2014, 01:36 PM)Inimicul Wrote: 80, but close enough.

All this talk about the Saratoga is making me want to try it out. I'd also like to try out the Hydra but every time I get to the Cruiser stage, I wind up in a Destroyer by the time I find one to cap. I may have to break down and actually buy the damned things just to test.

Yeah, my bad. I was probably looking at the Jupiter when I posted that.

Poseidon with 88 is the best imho. One thing to note about capping ships tho. Even if you manage to cap a better ship - I managed to cap just 2 Zurrias while on a frigate (the best one being Abeja ? ) you still need to have the rank to pilot them Tongue
We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking, that created them
[Image: 76561198048478101.png]

(10-15-2014, 03:55 PM)satanatos Wrote: Poseidon with 88 is the best imho. One thing to note about capping ships tho. Even if you manage to cap a better ship - I managed to cap just 2 Zurrias while on a frigate (the best one being Abeja ? ) you still need to have the rank to pilot them Tongue

In which aspect the Poseidon is better than saratoga for capping?

max crew is less by 2 (88 vs 90) and the transporter capacity is also smaller (22 vs 26)...
Armament wise it is stronger, but that has no significant role in capping.

Perun dreadnought with 7,500 shields and 100 troopers. Officers for troop strength and capacity. 50% enhanced transporter. Perks set for "Trooper Strength". Railguns (Ripper III with max battery recharge) and Missiles with max recharge. Enhanced recharge for power, engines for 20% speed, maneuver, and don't forget shield strength and recharge.

You can capture a dreadnought while fighting two others. I find the main trick, regardless of class, is to PTE to within transporter range, fire-at-will, salvo your missiles, then 'turret-lock' and pound the hull down to the 'two-salvo' point, switch to manual fire, transport troops, then keep the hull from regenerating past that two-salvo mark. I hardly lose any troopers that way.

To all you haters... LOL, I've found a lot of the ships comparable, but boils down to your play style. You can cloak and cap from a hard hit for one on one. Standing up to multiple requires either good shields or soak. Easiest capping ship for me is the Tzar, however, it's not the fastest.

BEST CAPTURE LOCATIONS:
For lower levels, head to a station called 'Rapture'. Here you rake in 800,000 left and right. Otherwise, I head to the NW Divide region next to the wormholes for 2-3 million caps every few minutes. Happy Capping!!!!
Xbox1 GT: Thiatsii
Fleet Admiral [Extreme]
Favorite Ship: Tzar Carrier

Tzar was my favorite ship, but Perun is also good for capturing.
[Image: 12020.png]