Create an account  

2D/3D CHATTERBOX

Thx ioae, we''l figure it out, dontcha worry Smile

Hello folks, we've done some more work on material editor, and now it imports the ase file format as well. Since we're planning to cloud the update next week, for all of you eager to continue your work, here's the link you can download the new material editor and place in the game folder. Those willing to wait and will have this improved version in the next official update.

http://www.starpointgemini.com/Download/...Editor.zip

Ioae, thank you for sending us the files, we've tested the import and worked ok with ase format. Texture's black, since you'll add them in the mat editor or in notepad, and check your ship's orientation and scale, maybe too big, though, it's your mod respectively Smile. Lookin forward to seeing that one flying around Smile

Again, thanks for feedback!

I love you!

I have a similar problem to the one ioae has.
When i export my ship to .x and then import it to the editor, the material editor just crashes on me. I tried it with a box and that worked fine.
So i thought there was some problem with the mesh. I started to model the ship again, this time i kept it really low poly and i only did half of the ship. But even then the editor crashed on me, i also tried exporting to .ASE, couldnt find .ASE in the dropdown menu when importing so i choose "all files" and tried it, same problem there.

If you need it you can download both the .ASE and the .X file here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1070...tiny_A.zip
I included a .obj file as well.

I am at a loss here, i do not know what to try... I would appreciate any help you can give me on this Smile

And a side question, will you guys make it possible to import .obj files?
The .obj filetype is universal and basically every 3D progam can open them. I am just asking since i am using Blender and i need third party plugins for the .ASE filetype. Blender does have an .x exporter that comes with every release but if that wont work i do not know what to do.
"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
- Shakespeare
[Image: 76561198061156039.png]

Ok brektzar, will take a look at your files, they'll give us the info, and will try to sync Blender's x export with our importer.
PS: can you send also the box model you were referring it worked to oliver@starpointgemini.com for crossreferrencing?

Thx!

The file is sent Smile

Hope you can find what the problem is!
"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
- Shakespeare

Still having some issues with orientation in the editor. I've reset transforms and scale on everything in 3ds Max and it's exporting on 0,0,0 facing front, but when I import the ASE it's still coming out slanted, and the scale hasn't changed at all either.

Thinking I could change the scale via the assembly editor failed too, as that's uneditable.

Brektzar - have you downloaded the new material editor, after ioae's issue here on the forum? The editor.zip is the one you need. And, the obj file you sent (half of the model),have you tried to import the obj itself? 'Cause your obj imports ok on our side :/ Lemme know how it goes if you haven't checked that out yet Smile

ioae - you can change the both scale and rotation (rotation is in radians, not degrees)of models but only in notepad editing the asb for now. Though is prefferable to change the orientation and scale in the 3d program itself.

And if using max, try to reset X form as well, may help with ase scale exporting. And of course, try the obj file format also.

(09-29-2013, 11:49 PM)Tomislav Wrote: Brektzar - have you downloaded the new material editor, after ioae's issue here on the forum? The editor.zip is the one you need.

Yes, i have the new version, downloaded it as soon as i saw it. Smile

(09-29-2013, 11:49 PM)Tomislav Wrote: And, the obj file you sent (half of the model),have you tried to import the obj itself? 'Cause your obj imports ok on our side :/ Lemme know how it goes if you haven't checked that out yet Smile

I had no idea that i could import .obj files -_-
I didnt even try it... But i have now and it will not work, still crashes on me =/ So there is most likely something wrong on my end then, since it works for you. I will download the editor again, perhaps it failed to replace the old one for some reason..

[EDIT]
Ok, redownloaded the editor, now i cant import the box that worked before Tongue I cant import the other files either...
Something must be wrong since it works for you.. i cant figure out what though....

[EDIT 2]
I FIGURED IT OUT!

Its the path to the file!
It seems to me like the model has to be inside the SPG2 folder, and thats why it hasnt worked for me... I can now import the files i couldnt before xD
I wish i had known that before i remodeled the ship -_-

But anyway, thanks for all of your help! I will be back if something else doesnt work Tongue
- Shakespeare

.obj worked like a charm. thanks, tomislav. Smile