Create an account  

Material Editor issues

Hi Guys

I have a veird problem with the MaterialEditor now.
As usual I import my ships as .obj (3DS Max 12)
into the editor and never had any problems with it in the past.
But if I do that now all the models are full of errors
(missing polygons or deformed normals and messed up smoothing groups) like in the picture below.
I tried multiple Object export settings in 3DS Max but none of them had fixed my problem.
Am I recently doing something wrong or is there a change to the editor of which I know nothing ?
And before someone ask I can export them with Max to .Obj and import them to Max again without any issues on the model, they ONLY appear in the material editor now.

I have als noticed that the editor is not saving the texture paths correctly
(I have to adjust every single texture path manually now).

Spg2\Models\Ships\YOURSHIP\SHIPDiff.dds
Instead of:
Mods\YOURMOD\Spg2\Models\Ships\YOURSHIP\SHIPDiff.dds

It may not sound much but is a real annoyance
(Devs please change that).

At last it would be really cool as well if the editor imports models with the spg2_ship_shader.fx as standard setting, instead of the simply.fx shader (it is just a unnecessary workload like the texture path setting).

I have posted this on the Steam forums as well, but maybe I have a bit more luck to find an answer here.

Would be great if somebody has an idea how to fix my problem :-(

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1.3 editor? If so, I'm having same issue. Reimported some Obj files that had been good in previous 1.2 version. Now full of missing faces.

(02-23-2015, 09:24 AM)resnaTachyon Wrote: 1.3 editor? If so, I'm having same issue. Reimported some Obj files that had been good in previous 1.2 version. Now full of missing faces.

Thanks for your answer, resnaTachyon its good to know that I am not doing something wrong.
I hope the Devs read this and fix that problem soon.

And we never saw the Material Editor again, no knows what happened to it, how or why it stopped being our friend. Maybe one day it will send us a post card from Starpoint Gemini 3.