Create an account  

Hard Core game play style

Howdy all,

Does anyone enjoy playing a hardcore style of play? (As in Dead is dead - no reload of save once dead)

I am considering giving that a go. Allowed to save for sleep etc, but if killed start new game. I am keen to see how far I can get before I get vented into space.

Does this style of play appeal to others? I am a bit of a masochist in games at times LOL.

Cheers

Tanvaras - Pirate of the Outer Systems!

Not a huge fan of it. But I can foresee it being a huge success if it were to become an actual gameplay option. And like, go big or go home with it. Sure, other titles allow such a thing in a free roam type of environment. But imagine it as an option in the actual campaign. That would be EPIC! Maybe even some simple ending cut scene that speaks of the aftermath and how the galaxy spun into utter turmoil after your death and such.

Now that would add some serious replay value once you've beaten the piss out of the game a time or two.

(11-20-2013, 12:56 PM)Tanvaras Wrote: Howdy all,

Does anyone enjoy playing a hardcore style of play? (As in Dead is dead - no reload of save once dead)

I am considering giving that a go. Allowed to save for sleep etc, but if killed start new game. I am keen to see how far I can get before I get vented into space.

Does this style of play appeal to others? I am a bit of a masochist in games at times LOL.

Cheers

Tanvaras - Pirate of the Outer Systems!

+1 on that, it's an excellent way to play, but first practice, practice, practice Wink

How refreshing to see people craving for this mode in today's world, where non-existing dying is becoming a standard

(11-20-2013, 05:05 PM)MarioMihokovic Wrote: How refreshing to see people craving for this mode in today's world, where non-existing dying is becoming a standard

Yeah it changes the game alot, it becomes a little more strategic, nothing better than limping back to base with 5%hull, with no shields, shield parts strewn behind you in bits of metal hovering in space but you made million credits and scored a few ships because you took a risk. Some battles you remember for a long time. Or like me right now hiding out on a base till they all go away because if I leave I am screwed. So forum time while I wait. lol Tongue

I'd be down with it completely.

PP

I'm not fan of hardcore, not really :S
But I do appreciate an hard punishment for death. That I approve Wink

Hard punishment for death Smile . Indeed, dying should be punishable Smile

On the flip side, only being able to save when docked somewhere is punishment enough for those that really hate losing stuff. It's just enough to keep you from save spamming before every fight.

Which is why hardcore should be a one time selectable mode once you start a new game.

I'm not a fan of it but i wouldn't mind seeing it as an option to do IF you want to.
[Image: DarkXBlaze2.jpg]