Create an account  

Adding weapons to turrets?

I am resurrecting this dead thread because I have a problem with turrets . . . more specifically, when I go to "configure turrets", even with weapons I own in my inventory, it forces me to "buy" turrets for that hardpoint.

My only options are (after setting the slider) to 'buy" or "cancel'.

I also may only mount a single weapon. Even with a second free weapon in my inventory, it will not allow me to mount an additional weapon in the hardpoint, even though the broken information rollover says all I have to do is click the "add turrets" button.

I am flying a Cyclops and I am supposed to be able to fit 3 weapons in each light hardpoint.

This is really frustrating.

Hell, the only thing I can buy multiples of for the hardpoint are MINING LASERS. Is this intended?

How can we, at Ver 1.50000, have such a problem like this?

Captain Tolan T. Grimm
Glorigoth

Each firing arc has a certain amount of turrets available that all mount the same weapon, your Cyclops with 3 turrets means it multiplies whatever weapon you equip in that slot by 3. Confusing? Yes, especially if you played SPG1 where each individual mount was it's own weapon.

(08-10-2015, 08:01 PM)Talien Wrote: Each firing arc has a certain amount of turrets available that all mount the same weapon, your Cyclops with 3 turrets means it multiplies whatever weapon you equip in that slot by 3. Confusing? Yes, especially if you played SPG1 where each individual mount was it's own weapon.

Ok, so I am even more confused. There are not "3" separate turrets on each hard point, are there? Because if that's the case, it sure isn't rendered that way.

And, if that IS the case, why can I BUY 3 Mining Lasers for the hard point, but not 3 KNS 2s?

So confusing!

So, to anyone that is stupid like myself, here is the way to gain more turrets for dummies:

1) Buy Weapon System (Example: KNS II)
2) Click on the Hardpoint you wish to add the weapon to.
3) At this moment, if the hardpoint can handle multiple turrets, then you can purchase them now. Click on "Configure Turret". Unfortunately, when you look at what you are purchasing, it will say "Light Mining Laser" as a choice of weapon system, instead of saying simply saying "weapon turret". THIS IS WHAT CREATED THE CONFUSION. So ignore the generic weapon it says you are buying. You aren't buying that weapon, you are simply buying additional turrets.
4) Click on the weapon system you want to place on the hardpoint and click "Mount"
5) If you purchased additional turrets, whatever weapon system you mounted inside the hardpoint will be shared between all turrets in that hardpoint.

I hope this is explained better.