Starpoint Gemini Warlords store page on steam is now public! We’re gearing up for the Early Access launch in April and the Warlords Steam forum is now open for business. We’re eager to hear your thoughts and answer your questions. We hope there’ll be plenty of them.
The Starpoint Gemini community is a vibrant assembly of spacefarers and we take this opportunity to once again thank each of you for contributing. We hope to see you again in Warlords!
Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
- Conquer Territory
Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research
on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be parked.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Free-roam
The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include
x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
We’ve got a host of new things planned for the game and we can’t wait to show you more!
Here’s also a link to the official press release diligently crafted by the good ladies and gentlemen at Iceberg Interactive who are once again stepping up to the task as our publisher.
Until next time, safe travels captains!
Little Green Men Games